Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Lonely Goatherd

The Sound of Music was an orgasm of a movie for the 1960s as well as for my childhood. To me, one of the most memorable scenes/musical numbers/ventriloquism masterpieces of all time, is The Lonely Goatherd. Those VonTrap spoiled pricks can sing AND masterfully manipulate puppets? If you're anything like me, you don't know half of the words to the song but 'yodel lay hee yodel lay hee hoo' -ing is satisfying enough by itself. I have to admit, though, that the puppet musicians, men drinking beer, and goatherd, all attributed to the rest of the movie being a serious upset for a five-year-old. And when I say 'serious upset' I mean the movie was serious and I was five and therefore it was an upset.

I vote for a remake starring Helena Bonham Carter as Maria and the Kardashians as the VonTraps.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh! I've got a story.
    So, once upon a time, my family and I were driving down a road, and a ganster drove up next to us at a stop light. His car was a hip hoppin to his rap, and he thought we was the shit. Guess what we did? We blasted our Sound of Music soundtrack, and sang like none other.
    Thought you'd appreciate that. :)

    ReplyDelete